Saturday, October 11, 2008

Going Off-Road

I drove the Yaris for a while to make sure everything was mechanically sound. I also wanted to get a good feel for the pre-conversion handling and performance characteristics. Alright, it was also really fun to drive and I almost couldn't stand the idea of not driving it for however long the conversion will take. 
At 14,674 miles, I took it in for a nice wash and wax, a thorough interior cleaning, then pulled it off the road.
One of the reasons I chose to go with a new car for my conversion was that I knew I would not have to spend any time restoring the car mechanically or cosmetically during my conversion. That's not to say that I don't have any aesthetic enhancements planned, but they won't be necessary to get the car into a desirable condition for daily driving. As you can see from the photo above, right after the car was cleaned it looks brand new.

No comments: