Saturday, September 15, 2012

Puzzle Pieces

Here's the cooling solution I'm going to attempt to implement for my Warp 9 motor. It's a Jabsco 150 CFM blower with a washable air filter directly mounted to it. At first, I had planned on mounting this combo directly to the Warp 9 via the NetGain cover band (which has been ordered but has not arrived yet). However, there is some significant weight involved and so I think mounting it to the chassis would be best and I'll use some ducting to direct the cool air into the cover band.Next up are some bits I received from Jack Rickard and the folks over at EVTV. On the left is a heavy-duty maintenance switch that I will try to install in a convenient place to disconnect the HV battery pack from the equipment under the hood. It's certainly not meant to replace a circuit breaker for emergency disconnects under load, but I'm hoping it can carry 192V across it without any issues. We'll see. On the right is a Chennic 400W DC-DC Converter for supplying the 12V system. A diode and inductor are on the way that should make this a reliable converter. It's a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. Likewise, the switch was larger than I had expected.Above you can see the back of the switch. The terminals are beefy enough to accept 4/0 cable and lugs (according to the specs) and the whole assembly feels solid. I'll have to work on some more brackets/mounts to start installing all of these components where I have space under the hood. It's like a great big puzzle.

No comments: