Saturday, June 18, 2011

Down but not out!

We had a major house disaster last month that put the EV project on hold for 3 weeks while we lived out of a hotel. However, we are back in our home and had a surprise turn of events. We picked up a Nissan Leaf EV and have been living with it for at least 3 weeks now. This has given me tremendous insight into life with an EV. It's been VERY good. Here's our new ride:
Back to the Yaris project! I received some fuses I ordered from EV Source in the mail recently. I ordered 2 because I didn't know how many I needed. If I only need 1, then I have a backup. If I need 2 of these monsters, then I guess I'll have to buy another backup. These Ferraz-Shamut fuses are rated at 300V DC and 500 amps. The pictures don't really explain how big these things are.
I hope to have some in-progress photos to post of the motor aft-end support/mount and the motor shaft hub (adapts the Warp 9 shaft to the flywheel). I plan to get back to cutting the tire-well out of the car now so that I can update my measurements for the battery box(es). More to come.

No comments: