Saturday, May 7, 2011

Drivetrain upgrades

I just received my ultra-lightweight flywheel from CCI (Competition Clutch) and it's a really nice looking part. The stock flywheel in the Yaris weighs a little more than 15 lbs whereas this one weighs 8.64 lbs. It's a 1-piece design, made from forged steel, and moderately skeletonized.
I also received my new clutch. It's a ClutchMasters Stage III clutch that will allow the car to handle a substantial increase in torque that the Zilla/Warp 9 combination is sure to dish out. I figured it would be easier to get these parts in the car now rather than later since I can still tear down the drivetrain with relative ease.
Many thanks to Garm over at www.microimageonline.com for hooking me up with these, they stock an impressive array of performance parts for the Toyota Yaris and Garm was really helpful and supportive of my project. More parts are on the way and should be arriving this week. Stay tuned.

No comments: